Frequently Asked Questions
Good teams can handle up to 10. Some teams can handle only 3. The average (recommended) is 5.
No. In fact, it is recommended that at least 50% of the Observation Team NOT be from the same building.
Any individual who can be on an Observation Team can be team leader. A Principal, is also a good target for this role. It gets them involved early and leads to better support.
Personnel who have advanced education degrees. They have been trained to conduct observations.
- Speech Language Therapist
- Learning Specialist
- Occupational Therapists
- Special Education Teachers (not always advanced degree)
Training time, plus four hours per case (outlined below).Time commitment per case:
- Observations - 15 minute prep, 45 minute observe
- Score and Generate Report - 1 hour
- Meeting and Coordination - 2 hours